Cold Fusion Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are a Yu-Gi-Oh community based on Dueling Network. We aim to reach a competitive level in the clan war scene as well as being a good community. Feel free to join!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A simply ruling question.

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Neko

Neko

A simply ruling question. Empty
PostSubject: A simply ruling question.   A simply ruling question. EmptyThu May 08, 2014 9:56 pm

The simple ruling question for you all today is this:

Player A has one set Spell/Trap and a face-up Ally of Justice Catastor.

Player B has three set Spell/Traps, and a face-up Neo-spacian Grand Mole.

Player A enters the battlephase and declares his attack on Grand Mole. Which effect destroys/bounces the other? Please post your response in a message below and if possible, don't Google it.

Thank you! Sincerely, Neko.
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf 1887

PostSubject: Re: A simply ruling question.   A simply ruling question. EmptyFri May 09, 2014 8:29 am

Easy. Since they both trigger at the start of the Damage Step, they would form a chain. Since it's Player A's turn, they have effect priority, and Ally of Justice - Catastor's effect would become Chain Link 1. Neo-Spacian Grand Mole would then become Chain Link 2, since it belongs to the idle player and it's an optional effect, and thus triggers after mandatory effects.

The chain would resolve in reverse (i.e. Chain Link 2 would resolve, then Chain Link 1). So Neo-Spacian Grand Mole would resolve first and return both targets to the hand (Or in Catastor's case, the Extra Deck). Then Catastor's effect would resolve, but since the card is no longer on the field, it would not be destroyed and would remain in the hand. The Battle Phase would then continue as normal.
Back to top Go down
TipsyCat

TipsyCat

PostSubject: Re: A simply ruling question.   A simply ruling question. EmptyFri May 09, 2014 9:46 am

^ She nailed it.

Due to order of chains, as Catastor attacked, it'd be Grand Mole bouncing Catastor and himself, and as there's no target for Catastor Grand Mole wouldn't be destroyed.
Back to top Go down
Neko

Neko

PostSubject: Re: A simply ruling question.   A simply ruling question. EmptyFri May 09, 2014 5:04 pm

Good, good. I've just wanted to test the simply comprehension skills at the academy. At least you know basic effect mechanics. Good job, you've got it!
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf 1887

PostSubject: Re: A simply ruling question.   A simply ruling question. EmptyFri May 09, 2014 5:14 pm

"Basic effect mechanics"

-Regional judge
Back to top Go down
Neko

Neko

PostSubject: Re: A simply ruling question.   A simply ruling question. EmptyFri May 09, 2014 5:15 pm

Well, I'm just glad you can answer that simple question.. Sorry if you took it the wrong way, I've met people before who couldn't.
Back to top Go down
The Boss
Admin
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: A simply ruling question.   A simply ruling question. EmptyFri May 09, 2014 5:45 pm

I think I made that question up for a ruling test before for DAL... Glad to know it's being used xD
Back to top Go down
https://coldfusionclan.forumotion.co.uk
Lone Wolf 1887

PostSubject: Re: A simply ruling question.   A simply ruling question. EmptyFri May 09, 2014 5:45 pm

It's EXTREMELY basic. I've seen it and similar on 4 tests before now.
Back to top Go down
The Boss
Admin
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: A simply ruling question.   A simply ruling question. EmptyFri May 09, 2014 5:46 pm

It was an academy...
Back to top Go down
Neko

Neko

PostSubject: Re: A simply ruling question.   A simply ruling question. EmptyFri May 09, 2014 5:47 pm

You did, Boss. I tend to remember things for a while. So, I reuse it every chance I get to see if people remember it. And, I know Lone.. It was meant to be basic.
Back to top Go down
TipsyCat

TipsyCat

PostSubject: Re: A simply ruling question.   A simply ruling question. EmptyFri May 09, 2014 5:48 pm

Even so, it's still a good question :3
Back to top Go down
The Boss
Admin
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: A simply ruling question.   A simply ruling question. EmptyFri May 09, 2014 5:49 pm

More challenging one. I use Veiler on my opponent's Lyla. I attempt to do everything I can to make sure Lyla gets off none of her effects that turn. Does Lyla get her end phase mill?
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf 1887

PostSubject: Re: A simply ruling question.   A simply ruling question. EmptyFri May 09, 2014 5:50 pm

The 3rd sentence was slightly unnecessary. No, if you use Veiler, they don't get the mill, because Veiler is until the end of the turn, and effects that trigger in the End Phase are still during said turn.
Back to top Go down
The Boss
Admin
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: A simply ruling question.   A simply ruling question. EmptyFri May 09, 2014 5:51 pm

You need more detail. Both their effects occur in the end phase. Not saying you're wrong.
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf 1887

PostSubject: Re: A simply ruling question.   A simply ruling question. EmptyFri May 09, 2014 5:52 pm

I don't need more detail at all. I'm not wrong. Her effect lasts until the end of the End Phase. It's basic shit. How was that MORE challenging? That was MUCH less.
Back to top Go down
TipsyCat

TipsyCat

PostSubject: Re: A simply ruling question.   A simply ruling question. EmptyFri May 09, 2014 5:53 pm

She was just saying;

Veiler is till the end of the TURN

Whereas Lyla activates in the end PHASE which is still during the turn.
Back to top Go down
Neko

Neko

PostSubject: Re: A simply ruling question.   A simply ruling question. EmptyFri May 09, 2014 5:54 pm

The Lyla won't be able to mill because since turn player has priority to activate any effects, the Lyla would trigger and you can choose for the Veiler to fizzle after the announced negated milling trigger. Once that is finished, the player cannot attempt to trigger that effect again.
At least, that's how I learned it.
Oh, and Tipsy, Effect Veiler only lasts until the endphase of the turn.

Last edited by Neko on Fri May 09, 2014 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf 1887

PostSubject: Re: A simply ruling question.   A simply ruling question. EmptyFri May 09, 2014 5:55 pm

...Yeah. Let's all say that she's correct. That. Yes. That thing. That you said. Yes. That.
Back to top Go down
Neko

Neko

PostSubject: Re: A simply ruling question.   A simply ruling question. EmptyFri May 09, 2014 5:58 pm

I agree with Lone, I agree. ;3
Back to top Go down
The Boss
Admin
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: A simply ruling question.   A simply ruling question. EmptyFri May 09, 2014 6:15 pm

Neko wrote:
The Lyla won't be able to mill because since turn player has priority to activate any effects, the Lyla would trigger and you can choose for the Veiler to fizzle after the announced negated milling trigger. Once that is finished, the player cannot attempt to trigger that effect again.
At least, that's how I learned it.
Oh, and Tipsy, Effect Veiler only lasts until the endphase of the turn.

Not sure what fizzle is but I think he's got it. Basically, the turn player controlling Lyla chooses to pass priority, then I can choose to also pass priority. After that, the turn player is forced to resolve his effect first, and is negated by the still ongoing Veiler. I guess a Regional Judge can still learn new stuff xD
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf 1887

PostSubject: Re: A simply ruling question.   A simply ruling question. EmptyFri May 09, 2014 6:17 pm

No, she can't. Because she already knew. Dumbass. Can you or can you not read?
Back to top Go down
The Boss
Admin
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: A simply ruling question.   A simply ruling question. EmptyFri May 09, 2014 6:21 pm

But you didn't talk about end phase prio...
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf 1887

PostSubject: Re: A simply ruling question.   A simply ruling question. EmptyFri May 09, 2014 6:22 pm

No. I didn't. Your point?
Back to top Go down
The Boss
Admin
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: A simply ruling question.   A simply ruling question. EmptyFri May 09, 2014 6:22 pm

That's the reason why Lyla doesn't get her effect...
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf 1887

PostSubject: Re: A simply ruling question.   A simply ruling question. EmptyFri May 09, 2014 6:23 pm

Yes. It is. Well done. Your point?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A simply ruling question.   A simply ruling question. Empty

Back to top Go down

A simply ruling question.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next